MamaLee passed me the torch for Linnea’s seven month update (now that she is nearly seven-and-a-half months old…I blame PhD coursework hell), so yay! I get to do a monthly update!
Seven months. I can’t even. This kid is hilarious. She growls constantly, grins like a maniac (and definitely has Leah’s smile – one of the reasons I fell in love with my wife), and she loves food like it’s going out of style.
So a seven for seven list (my favorite kind of update):
- Crawling. Officially. On hands and knees. She started scooting backwards at Thanksgiving (yeah, 4.5 months and this kid was already moving!). Slowly but surely she made her way towards a full crawl. Nothing in this house is safe (as I’ve said before). There is still a strong preference for the full-body army crawl, as she is much faster and slick wooden floors don’t slow her down, but she regularly chooses to get up onto her hands a knees when on carpet. I suspect we may also see her walking early.
- “Dadadaadada, bababababa, eeeeeeeeee!!” Linnea loves to make noise with her mouth, throat (“rrrawr”), and any toys she can bang together or throw. She is a loud baby and can get the attention of an entire room in record time!
- Bounce, bounce baby. She loves to hold hands and bounce like crazy. Pick her up and her feet are moving. This sweet kid never stops moving, except when she’s asleep.
- Baby wearing is our (Leah’s) best friend with Linnea. She loves it, and she takes naps that last longer than 30 minutes when she’s being worn. She gets excited when we pull out the wrap, or the Tula. The only time she’s unhappy can typically be solved by a putting her on our backs.
- Teeth! We’re up to 3 (.5). Bottom two front teeth came in a couple of months ago, and the top two are nearly through. We’re all hoping her whining ends around the time the teeth come in, and it’s hopeful primarily because a dose of infant ibuprofen tonight brought back our happy-go-lucky little girl tonight! We’re stocking up and putting the teethers in the freezer for the next year and a half (ish).
- Clothes. We’re on to 18 month clothing.
- Big sister Darwin is little sister Linnea’s FAVORITE ANYTHING EVER. Any time Darwin smiles at, talks to, walks past, take a toy away from, gives a toy to….you get the idea, Linnea lights up like a Solstice tree. This kid just adores her big sister.