I find myself driven to write when I’m feeling depressed, overwhelmed, or when some big event occurs, like Darwin walking. I’m actually sitting at my desk at work and just realized that today is a good day without being anything particularly special. Lots of little things contributed to my current good mood, so I thought I’d write them down to remember later.
- Darwin went to bed at 6:45 pm and didn’t wake up for good (3 or 4 sleep/cranky nurses overnight) until 6:45 am. I thank daylight savings time. She woke up in a good mood.
- My lovely wife made a crock pot pie that needs only be turned on this afternoon before we leave the house after lunch. It will be amazing and I’ve been thinking about it ever since she told me.
- Eating raw cloves of garlic appears to have staved off the worst of a cold I started getting three days ago. I can breathe!
- One of Darwin’s aunties came over yesterday afternoon to play with her and I was able to get a bunch of stuff we don’t use anymore put up on a free gifting economy site. Step one towards making our office usable: check! (Best part: gifting things to people who could really use them, like a single mom just starting out on her own)
- I have had a cup of coffee from work, which is akin to drinking caffeinated jet fuel. Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
- I’m reading about programming languages. Seriously. Nothing puts me in a better mood than focusing on code.
- Piggybacking off that one, Leah’s adviser/our midwife who is amazing has taken me up on my offer to design a website for the new birth center they’re working on in our area. So yeah. Wish me luck with that one! Codeacademy here I come!
On a slightly lower, but vitally important note, please remember to be kind to one another. I’ve seen some really hurtful words posted online recently, directed towards individuals who are vulnerable and asking for support, or looking for a place to vent and find common ground with difficulties. We can hold each other up, or we can tear each other down. I love that this blogging community is primarily the former. It is one of my deepest hopes that we can keep it that way.